Why shouldn’t we eat potatoes that have sprouted?
Why doesn’t a roly-poly toy topple over？
Why do we get heat stroke?
Why this? Why that?
Did you ever get the answer you seek?
OR did you just receive a pat answer that says ‘that’s the way things are’?
There are many questions one can easily ask but hard to get the right answers. Come to think of it, there are many scientific mysteries hidden in our everyday life.
“Happy Dragon 100,000 Whys” is a collection of questions and answers in everyday life.
Happy Dragon, Boy, Girl, Bob, Papa and Mama are the characters that are involved in the mysteries related to Science. Each mystery is presented in funny and interesting comic illustrations. Each mystery is unravelled in simple language that is comprehensible and related to the scientific fact in question.
If you wish to know every answer to the 100,000 ‘whys’ and become a little genius, get a copy of “Happy Dragon 100,000 Whys”.
- Systems Why shouldn’t we eat potatoes that have sprouted?(p.7)
- Science Facts I Love Potatoes!(p.15)
- Game Zone Sprouts have Appeared!(p.17)
- Interactions Why doesn’t a roly-poly toy topple over?(p.19)
- Science Facts Sway, roly-poly toy, sway!(p.27)
- Game Zone Make Your Own Roly-poly Toy(p.29)
- Energy Why do we get heat stroke?(p.31)
- Science Facts I’m Getting Heat Stroke!(p.39)
- Game Zone What Should We Drink?(p.41)
- Diversity Why do oysters produce pearls?(p.43)
- Science Facts Pearls, the Treasure in Shells(p.51)
- Game Zone Separate the Animals(p.53)
- Cycles Why is the air refreshing after the rain?(p.55)
- Science Facts The Invisible Ozone(p.63)
- Game Zone The Ozone(p.65)
- Interactions Why do we slip easily when ice-skating?(p.67)
- Science Facts Activities on Ice and Snow(p.75)
- Game Zone The Wrong Clothing(p.77)
- Diversity Why do cats walk silently?(p.79)
- Science Facts All Kinds of ‘Feet’(p.87)
- Game Zone Copycat(p.89)
- Interactions Why do water droplets collect on lotus leaves?(p.91)
- Science Facts Treasured Lotus(p.99)
- Game Zone The Water Can’t Pass Through(p.101)
- Diversity Why do whales jump out of the water?(p.103)
- Science Facts Overlord of the Ocean(p.111)
- Game Zone Comparing Sizes(p.113)
- Energy Why is a helicopter able to hover in mid-air?(p.115)
- Science Facts Fly High in the Sky!(p.123)
- Game Zone Helicopters(p.125)